Women: Just as Stupid as Men
As a woman, I feel it's my duty to defend the honor of women. Surely it's beyond question that women are as stupid as men are. Perhaps not in the idea department; I'll concede to men on that one. But in the broader scope of stupidity, women are every bit the equals of men. Here are just a few examples.
- We marry men whose apartments could be mistaken for the village dump. Then we act appalled at their hamper-impaired behavior.
- High heels.
- We never give up trying to train men to put the seat down, replace the toilet paper, or go through the motions of aiming.
- We fall for the "I don't know how to use the washer/dryer" ruse. (Actually, this one's a draw: Men fall for our "I'm too weak to take out the garbage/carry the groceries/operate the lawn mower" ruse.)
- We sob and ask "Whatever shall I do?" Then we get angry when men give us advice instead of comfort.
- The Wonderbra
- We gaze at an actress with the latest, grungy "dirty hair-do." Then we pay big bucks to have it too.
- Tummy Tucks
- We attempt to win battles with our mothers-in-law.
- Other Tucks.
- We brawl over the last, torn, buttonless item on the "final sales" rack.
- Mini-skirts after age 25.
- Despite the invention of the answering machine, we still wait by the phone.
- The one-size-smaller incentive plan.
- When driving far from home and hopelessly lost, we dare to mention asking for directions.
- Breast implants.
- We imagine if we drop enough hints, men will surprise us with just the right gift.
- Hip huggers, hot pants, platform shoes, spandex, Evita fashions, and the upper arm girdle.
This is but a tiny sampling of female stupidity. No doubt, I've foolishly forgotten many obvious examples. But even this short list proves my point: Women are at least as stupid as men are.
- - -
This was attributed to Madeleine Begun Kane, but didn't find anything like this at her web site, http://www.madkane.com....
Posted October 4, 2010