Top Stories for the Year 2035
News from a newspaper from the future. A few of the items are already out of date, though....
3. Hunt continues for Osama bin Laden; believed sighted at Yassar Arafat's tomb in Detroit.
4. 35-year study proclaims diet and exercise is the key to weight loss.
5. Texas executes last remaining citizen.
6. Upcoming NFL draft likely to focus on use of mutants.
7. Baby conceived naturally -- scientists stumped.
8. Authentic year 2000 Florida "chad" sells at Sotheby's for $4.6 million.
9. Ozone created by electric cars kills thousands in Los Angeles.
10. In sports news: Average height of NBA players now 9'7". Baseball players threaten to strike.
11. New California law requires that all nail clippers, screwdrivers, and baseball bats be registered by January 2036.
12. Colorado motorist arrested for not driving SUV.
13. Average worker's weekly Social Security (FICA) contribution hits $2,000. Protests planned.
14. Congressman Gary Condit still missing.
15. Senator Strom Thurmond remains dead; but continues to cast votes.
16. White House demands Saddam Hussein's resignation for 748th time. No response.
17. Oprah Winfrey, nearing retirement, buys Illinois.
18. Spam, called "worse than it ever has been," is "ruining online experience." Congress considering a law to ban it.
Posted September 20, 2004
Category: Misc. -- Prev: A PC Little Red Riding Hood | Next: The Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord