If you don't carefully proof your resume before sending it out, it could come back to haunt you. When some hiring managers see just a single typo, they pitch the resume.
Here are some of the worst (but funny!) real-life examples of resume typos.
- "I am very detail-oreinted."
- "I have a bachelorette degree in computers."
- "Excellent memory; strong math aptitude; excellent memory; effective management skills; and very good at math."
- "I worked as a Corporate Lesion."
- "Served as assistant sore manager."
- "Special skills: Thyping."
- "I have used lots of software appilcations."
- "Objection: To utilize my skills in sales."
- "I am quick at typing, about 25 words per minute."
- "I am a rabid typist."
- "Skills: Operated Pitney Bones machine."
- "Strengths: Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining composer."
- "Education: B.A. in Loberal Arts."
- "Work Experience: Dealing with customers' conflicts that arouse."
- "Education: College, August 1880 - May 1984."
- "Typing Speed: 756 wpm."
- "Work History: Performed brain wave tests, 1879-1981."
- "Accomplishments: Completed 11 years of high school."
- "Thank you for your consideration. Hope to hear from you shorty!"
- "Enclosed is a ruff draft of my resume."
- "I am sicking and entry-level position."
- "I am a quick leaner, dependable, and motivated."
- "My salary requirement is $34 per year."
Posted August 1, 2011
Category: Language -- Prev: Bizarre, But Real, Book Titles | Next: Geek Humor
Category: True Story -- Prev: Bizarre, But Real, Book Titles | Next: Geek Humor
Category: Work -- Prev: Quick Thinker | Next: More Resume Blunders