Old Age Wisdom
Everyone says people get wiser as they age, but rarely do you hear of what old people have learned. Now that I'm 70, I thought I'd pass along the important lessons I've learned in my life.
- Learning cursive wasn't really necessary.
- It's OK to ignore 99% of the labels that say "Dry clean only."
- Mapquest really needs to start their directions on #5. If you don't know how to get out of your own neighborhood, you shouldn't attempt the trip.
- I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
- It's true camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent some jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!
- The freezer deserves a light as well.
- It's fun to read someone else's wisdom, even if you forget most of it the moment you close the browser window.
Posted April 23, 2010