More Resume Blunders
More resume problems. But instead of typos, real examples of giving too much information. The result is the same, though: continued unemployment!
- "Married, eight children. Prefer frequent travel."
- "Graduated in the top 66% of my class."
- "Reason for leaving last job: Pushed aside so the vice president's girlfriend could steal my job."
- "Special skills: Experienced with numerous office machines and can make great lattes."
- "It's best for employers that I not work with people."
- "Objective: To have my skills and ethics challenged on a daily basis."
- "Experience: Watered, groomed, and fed the family dog for years."
- "Special skills: I've got a Ph.D. in human feelings."
- "My contributions on product launches were based on dreams that I had."
- "Previous experience: Self-employed -- a fiasco."
- "Work history: Bum. Abandoned belongings and led nomadic lifestyle."
- "Reason for leaving last job: The owner gave new meaning to the word 'paranoia.' I prefer to elaborate privately."
- "Extensive background in public accounting. I can also stand on my head!"
- "Exposure to German for two years, but many words are inappropriate for business."
- "My fortune cookie said, 'Your next interview will result in a job' -- and I like your company in particular."
Posted August 5, 2011
Category: Language -- Prev: Geek Humor | Next: Kissel v. Schwartz & Maines & Ruby Co et al.
Category: True Story -- Prev: Geek Humor | Next: Kissel v. Schwartz & Maines & Ruby Co et al.
Category: Work -- Prev: Resume Typos | Next: The 2011 Ig Nobel Awards