19th Century Essay Excerpts
Still more goodies from Mark Twain.
- - -
- "He enjoys riding on a philosopher."
- "The leopard is watching his sheep."
- "They had a strawberry vestibule."
- "The men employed by the Gas Company go around and speculate the meter."
- "Her hat is contiguous because she wears it on one side."
- "He preached to an egregious congregation."
- "The captain eliminated a bullet through the man's heart."
- "You should take caution and be precarious."
- "We should endeavor to avoid extremes-like those of wasps and bees."
- "There are a good many donkeys in theological gardens."
- "A verb is something to eat."
- "A circle is a round straight line with a hole in the middle."
- "Things which are equal to each other are equal to anything else."
- "North America is separated by Spain."
- "The principal products of the U.S. is earthquakes and volcanoes."
- "The Rocky Mountains are on the western side of Philadelphia."
- "One of the leading industries of the United States is mollasses, book-covers, numbers, gas, teaching, lumber, manufacturers, paper-making, publishers, coal."
- "Russia is very cold and tyrannical."
- "Hindoostan flows through the Ganges and empties into the Mediterranean Sea."
- "Ireland is called the Emigrant Isle because it is so beautiful and green."
Posted February 11, 2009
Category: Language -- Prev: 19th Century Civics and Physiology Exams | Next: 19th Century Vocabulary Words
Category: School -- Prev: 19th Century Civics and Physiology Exams | Next: 19th Century Vocabulary Words